Neil Dusheiko Architects is looking for a dynamic Studio Manager to join its friendly canal facing Islington studio. We are happy to accommodate full time and part-time positions dependent on experience and workload.
We are a tight team, focussing primarily on residential projects with a varied workload of projects of differing scales and budgets. We are a client focussed practice and always strive to ensure clients are happy and projects run smoothly.
The ideal person would be highly organised and have a can-do attitude with the ability to take the initiative in ensuring the smooth running of our studio. You would have had experience in working in a design-led office and a good understanding of the process of making homes for domestic clients. You would have great numerical skills and good command of English and excellent Microsoft Office skills
Key responsibilities and duties:
Your role is to ensure the smooth running of the office on a day to day basis. You will provide support to the director and team of architects.
General office administration:
- Ordering stationery and office supplies
- Maintaining and collating office sample library
- Setting up the meeting room for presentations
- Arrange general office travel
- Assist architects with drawing issues, printing and document control
- Setting up project files and general archiving
- Product research and arranging CPD’s and staff training
- Promote the office culture and help organise social events
- Organise the in-house filing system and image libraries
PR & Marketing
- Assist in design of NDA practice brochure
- Maintain and add content to the current website and social media platforms
- Liaise with publications and press and prepare and send out press packs
- Dealing with the practice’s participation in events such as London Open House
- Deal with project enquiries and set up meetings with potential clients
- Prepare fee proposals and explain the scope of the architect’s services to clients
- Fortnightly financial reporting on a project basis
- Preparing and issuing invoices to clients
- Entering financial data into Xero on a monthly basis [note we have an external accountant who does the pension and payroll]
- Paying staff and suppliers
Staff administration & HR
- Setting up and maintaining our NDA practice handbook
- Maintaining and reviewing Beebole timesheets that allow project-specific financial reporting
- Assisting with resource scheduling on projects with project architects and planning workloads
- Monitoring holiday and absence records
- Software skills: Microsoft Office, Indesign, Photoshop.
- Good organisational and numerical skills
- Ability to shift from project to project quickly
- Understanding of the architectural process in the office and on site
- Excellent written and spoke English is required.
- Good graphic skills
- Good with printers, social media and general IT.
How to apply:
You would have had experience of working in an architectural practice in the UK and have good references
Please send us an email, with your CV and covering letter, why you think you would be a good fit for the practice, state your salary expectations and any other relevant information to:
We look forward to hearing from you.